Monday, October 1, 2012

New Favorite Place

Could I have found the prettiest place in Utah Valley?

After discovering gorgeous running trails a little ways from the hubub of main Provo, I wanted to bring friends out by the busload! It was too good to keep to myself ;)



One of my room mates, Camille, was a good sport and came :) We took some great pictures, walked around in the explosion of colors and breathed in the fresh, autumney air. It felt so good NOT to be on concrete any more! And hearing river noises instead of traffic was a fabulous break. We just loved it out there!





A day or two later Kelsey, Makenzie and I put on hiking clothes and set out to explore more of the trails!


Sorry for accidentally cutting you out Kels!!

It was all wonderful and beautiful... UNTIL we got lost. This is me at the moment I realized we were not on the right trail:


{"guys, we NEVER passed a LAKE on the way out"}

Five minues of desperately running through underbrush in a single-file line got us back to the trail. Gotta love how those girls kept their cool!

After that I decided to play it safe and stuck to the main park.





It is a great place to get work done :)

Eventually I did go adventuring into the trails again. But this time was with Matt, so I figured everything would be great :) It was. Our only regret was that we didn't bring a camera.
Parts of it actually reminded us of Corvallis!

Does anyone know of other great hiking/biking/take-in-the-beauty places near Provo? I'd love to hear your suggestions :)

I'm also really looking forward to this coming weekend - my parents plus two good friends from OSU are coming out for different events, and a group and I have tickets to General Conference! Loving life :) 
HAPPY OCTOBER!


No comments:

Post a Comment